Simple Ginger Tea
Sunday, 7 June 2020 | Admin
Ginger tea is a warming, rejuvenating, caffeine-free alternative to black tea or coffee, which has numerous health benefits. Widely used in various cultures to relieve a sore throat, cough, fight colds, nausea and ease indigestion, ginger root has been found to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
1. 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder or 1 or 2 slices of fresh ginger
2. 1 cup of filtered water
3. Slice of lemon
4. Honey/natural sweetener (optional)
1. Put the ginger powder or ginger root directly in the mug
2. Add the boiling water, slice of lemon and allow to steep for 5 to 10 minutes
3. Add honey/natural sweetener to taste, if desired.
Tip: You can experiment with the amount of ginger you use to suit your tastebuds. Also, you could add a cinnamon stick, some hibiscus or chamomile flowers for some extra herbal goodness.